- Inactivates all tested viruses and bacteria, including SARS-CoV-2, Zika, Dengue, m.tuberculosis, and Influenza
- Long term RNA stabilisation at room temperature
- Free from guanidine and other toxic chemicals
- Suitable for swab testing
- Low viscosity formulation optimised for automated liquid handling platforms (Hamilton, Ortho, Tecan)
Public Health England SARS-CoV-2 Inactivation Study
As part of PHE’s analysis of a number of viral transport mediums, PHE evaluated inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 with virusPHIX-LV™.
Triplicate samples of tissue culture fluid containing 5% (v/v) foetal calf serum, spiked with SARS-CoV-2 were treated with virusPHIX-LV™ for indicated contact time/s or mock-treated in triplicate with an equivalent volume of PBS. All samples were then subjected to a purification step to remove cytotoxic buffer components. PBS-treated samples were subjected to the same purification procedure in parallel.
Purified samples were immediately titrated on Vero E6 cells to establish virus titre. This test is quantitative and reports the titre of virus in each treatment condition in TCID50 per ml. Reduction in virus titre following treatment is given as the difference between the mean log10 TCID50/ml for treated conditions and the PBS control: