- Inactivates all tested viruses and bacteria, including SARS-CoV-2, Zika, Dengue, m.tuberculosis, and Influenza
- Long term RNA stabilisation at room temperature
- Free from guanidine and other toxic chemicals
- Suitable for swab and saliva samples
- Recommended as an inactivation and RNA stabilisation media for saliva and swabs, especially when it is necessary to add sample directly into an RT-LAMP, LamPORE or RT-PCR assay without RNA purification*.*virusPHIX-P9™ has been demonstrated to be directly compatible with LAMP assays, please contact us for further information.
Public Health England SARS-CoV-2 Inactivation Results
PHE evaluated the reduction in virus titre SARS-CoV-2 spiked samples (tissue culture fluid). Samples were treated with virusPHIX-P9™ at a 1:3 ratio at room temperature. Triplicate samples were treated with test buffer for indicated contact time/s or mock-treated in triplicate with an equivalent volume of PBS. All samples were then diluted two-fold to reduce product viscosity and subjected to a purification step to remove cytotoxic buffer components. PBS-treated samples were subjected to the same dilution and purification procedure in parallel. Purified samples were titrated on Vero E6 cells to establish virus titre. This test is quantitative and reports the titre of virus in each treatment condition in TCID50 per ml. Reduction in virus titre following treatment is given as the difference between the mean log10 TCID50/ml for treated conditions and the PBS control: